This podcast series explores a game-changing understanding of the human mind that can exponentially increase the performance, resourcefulness and well-being for any individual or organisation.
In this episode I reconnect with previous show guest Dr Amy Johnson, we discuss the highly relevant question of why we believe 'Before Psychology' is so necessary and powerful yet overlooked. Amy is the author of 'The Little Book of Big Change', she is a regularly featured expert on The Steve Harvey Show, Oprah.com, as well as Fox News, The Wall Street Journal and Self magazine.
This is a relatively long episode, but it is all so very valuable - kick back and enjoy the exploration! Please let us know what resonates
The episodes covers:
- What is the 'before psychology' understanding we refer to in the Quality of Mind approach
- Why do are people now seeking something more than the psychological approaches to their wellbeing and performance
- The difference between seeing the mind and the self as an entity (object) and an activity (process)
- How conditioning has misled us - what is our preoccupation with fixing our minds via psychology
- The relevance of making concessions when pointing people to this understanding
- How come it makes everything in life more wonderful and simpler
Curious - want to know more?
You can find out more about Amy and her work here
- Amy's new Book 'Just a Thought' (aka That's Just What Minds Do :) purchase and get a free chapter here
- Find out more about Quality of Mind
- Subscribe to our Quality of Mind Youtube channel for a series of 2 min videos all about Quality of Mind
- The previous episode with Amy where we discuss how change works, and what gets in the way
Check out our other episodes, a curated list here
Piers Thurston regularly writes about Quality of Mind on LinkedIn
and has a large collection of articles and posts